A broadband ADSL connection provides permanent and fast internet access. MRS gives you the choice of either an engineer-installed version or a self-install (wires only) broadband ADSL connection.
Our 2GB Package
- Permanent connection 24/7
- Download up to 2GB each month
- Instant access to email and web
- Dedicated technical support
Monthly cost of £26.90 + VAT (Minimum 12 month contracts apply)
If you're looking for an always-on, high speed connection to the Internet for a fixed monthly cost then our self-install services will be perfect for your company as they allow you the freedom to choose when and how you set it up.
How is it delivered
ADSL is 'delivered' through the existing BT copper wiring which connects the customer's premises to the BT exchange. There are a number of limitations to ADSL that determine whether a customer will be able to receive ADSL. BT phone line - ADSL can only be delivered via BT owned cabling. Distance from the exchange - a maximum distance up to 5.5km from the exchange.
Modems or routers
There are two main product types available for connecting PCs and networks to the ADSL network. Modems, which typically support only a single PC and offer no firewall protection and Routers, which support multiple LAN connected PCs and offer true firewall protection.
Benefits of ADSL
- Permanent - internet access with speeds of up to 2 megabits.
- Cost effective - flat rate pricing with unlimited hours online.
- Fast - the ability to connect to the Internet up to 16 times faster than ISDN.
- Controllable - download of large data files quickly.
- Flexible - simultaneous use of the telephone, fax and PC.
- Secure - date security that exceeds other technologies.
What is required for ADSL
- Your current PC must be of Windows 98 or above standard.
- USB connection required.
- The telephone line that BT converts to ADSL must be a normal PSTN line - not an ISDN or have switches running through the system.
- MRS Web Solutions will check the telephone number you would like ADSL on, along with the postcode to ensure the line quality is sufficient.
How to order - what happens next
- Provide us with the telephone number and postcode you would like ADSL to be installed on.
- You will be advised if you can go ahead, a connection date.
- A modem/router along with two micro filters and easy to follow installation instructions will be supplied.
- A helpline number will provide you with any further support that is required.